Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 31, 2014

Today was busy day of many simple tasks. I cut up an assortment of colored papers into squares, which I then folded in half and stapled onto a string, to make a banner. Pat wants it for a decoration for her presentation.

I made a series of roses from gold foil, and a series of bows that were glued onto a wedding cake hat.

We successfully completed the Needle in a Haystack hat, which was mostly done with my efforts. It was challenging to get the hay to stick, but I think my technique was somewhat improved on my second attempt, today. I also benefited from a new, more heavy duty bottle of Elmer's glue. It was helpful because the spout was wider and allows for more glue dispensing while still being under control. Unfortunately, I seem to have permanently affixed several strands of hay to my pants.

To top the day off, I spent the last hour or so ironing the nylon banner. It seems that Pat is well prepared for her presentation & to install her work in the gallery. Tomorrow, we will be doing the install, and she says that it shouldn't take too long, so maybe we will both have the afternoon off to enjoy Labor Day.

I will put pictures up of some of the hats soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment