Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 17, 2014

Soap box derby project in progress
Had a good night's sleep and got to come in a bit later today, so I felt pretty good. Did a lot of ironing. I drove Pat over to the farmer's market, which was a nice break from the monotony of ironing. Pat's plans for the Kingston Artist Soap Box Derby are still somewhat nebulous, but they are solidifying as the days go by. Today she said that she does want me to participate, and that I will be dressed in some sort of garment made from old curtains, as the "mother of the bride". We will also be having a bride, and a groom in a shopping cart, and the whole train of bridesmaids (hence why I'm ironing all the bridesmaid dresses). So we are currently searching for a male to participate--no skills necessary! Hmm....

For today, I still have to do some research into wedding dresses online, because we need 2, and preferably for cheap. I'm not sure whether it will be easier to find them online or at thrift stores. I also need to figure out how I'm going to get rollerblades/rollerskates for the derby (driving home, having them shipped, getting my mom to bring them to me--I love you, mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment