Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August 20, 2014

Sneak peak for this Sunday!
My friend Ashley is visiting, so I had yesterday off, and got to come in late today. I came in around 2:40, and I got to try on my costume right away. I will apparently also be using a grey foam wig to complete the look.

We went on an errand run to Kingston, and stopped in town to look over the street that the soap box derby will be on. We ran into someone who was working on his car, and were able to get some insider's information on the race.

Once we got back, we looked in at the shopping cart. Woody, a man who works for the WSW, has been working on it. He has outfitted it with a platform that I will stand on, and functional breaks. This seems to me like a far better, safer plan than the original idea of me being on roller skates & pushing a shopping cart.

However well the shopping cart is going, we still are questing for a male to put into the shopping cart. Pat gave me contact information for a fellow named Sam, so I gave him a call, only to find out that he cannot actually make the derby. Then I had to send him an apology text. I'm waiting to hear back to confirm that he cannot participate. In the meantime, Ruth is waiting to hear back about another young lad who might be suitable.

I went to pick up Ashley from a cafe in Rosendale, because she went to explore while I was running errands with Pat, and I jokingly mentioned the search for a male to her. Consequentially, we decided that her waiter looked like a good choice, and so I ended up getting his number. Now I am waiting to see if we hear back from the other contacts, or if I should go ahead and see if Harry the waiter is serious about participating. The adventure continues!

1 comment: