Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 28, 2014

Today I came in for the first time since the soap box derby. The space looked very different because there was a variety of new materials spread out all over. She seemed happy to see me, and asked how classes were going before she showed me what she's been doing. She has made an assortment of hats, which she is making for WSW members to wear to the Mohonk Gala, and also to be displayed in the WSW gallery. She has been fairly busy with that, trying to make 30 of them by Sunday.

I folded up paper for her to use in her hats, and then I ran some errands for her. After, I ironed part a series of nylon flags which she is planning on displaying. I also drove her to the lake so she could go swimming.

While we were working, I asked her about her typical work flow and she explained how she normally works from project to project (she likes to call them "gigs"), how she initially made money by renting out her inflatables for parties and events, but now that she's more established, people often approach her with projects. It was interesting to hear her perspective and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment