Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Today, I thought I would be clever and try driving an alternative route to the church, instead of going to the WSW and then driving over from there. I figured I could avoid the construction on Binnewater. Much to my dismay, I realized the construction had moved down the road, meaning that I still had to drive through it. It wasn't anything terribly inconvenient, just annoying after making a point to avoid it. Then, when I got to the church, I realized I was supposed to be picking Pat up from the WSW. Augh.

We went over to Kingston for somewhat unsuccessful errands--P&T Surplus was closed for a surprise vacation, much to our dismay, and the Salvation Army had wedding dresses that were too expensive for Pat's use.

Would you believe that this is only
$27.99 on Ebay? New, free shipping!
We couldn't get it because it would
arrive too late, but it's really some-
thing else!
I was going to search for cheap wedding dresses online, but I realized the internet wasn't working in the church, and I forgot my laptop charger. So I went and used Pat's laptop in her room, where the internet was good, and researched wedding dresses until lunch.

After lunch, we had a meeting to plan Pat's schedule with the staff at WSW. They have undertaken the quest for a suitable male to participate in our soapbox "car." After the meeting, I showed Pat the fruits of my online labors. She was not thrilled with our choices, but we purchased one. Then, I did so more searching, and finally, we selected the second. I have had enough of wedding dresses to last me for a good while, and I feel that this is probably a good thing.

Of course, it's not a proper day of work if I have not done some ironing, so I ironed out the satin curtains in preparation for the Mother of the Bride Costume. I am taking the day off tomorrow because my friend is visiting, and I hope that by the time I return, the costume will be ready. I am excited to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment