Friday, August 22, 2014

August 22, 2014

Despite getting to bed late, I wasn't dragging as much as I expected to at work today. Or perhaps it put me in a better mental state to do simple, repetitive tasks, of which I had many. I ironed, and then spent most of my time making "bouquets" for the bridesmaids and brides.

One of the volunteers, Undine, came in. She was a huge help and made lots and lots of curled papers for hair. I am quite grateful because I am very bored of that job.

I also spent some time out back with the chickens, trying to get internet on the patio. This is because one of Pat's packages did not arrive. Consequentially, she has nothing to ride for the derby. This means that we need to buy some sort of backup scooter, and so I researched our options. It would seem that the best we can do on such short notice is a child's scooter from Target.

What kind of man doesn't want me to push him
around in this?
The man-hunt has continued in a frustrating manner. I called one of the contacts from the WSW (I texted him yesterday and he never responded). Turns out that he's busy, and told someone who wasn't myself or Pat, so we never got the word! I've asked a few of my own contacts, and Pat called someone who evidently works at a gym and is interested. She's also going to call one of Undine's friends who is interested. It's so difficult to find a good man these days!

The shopping cart is in decent shape, in the sense that we tested it in the WSW parking lot and the breaks work there. We also adjusted the wheels so it doesn't pull a lot to the side. Unfortunately, you really can't steer it. In any case, I think I should bake cookies tonight to thank Woody, who rigged up the breaks for us. He has been super helpful and deserves acknowledgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment