Monday, September 8, 2014

September 7, 2014

Came in for a short day today. Before I headed over, I tried to look for hula hoops, as requested by Pat. Unfortunately, the dollar store in New Paltz doesn't open until 10am on Sundays, and it was about 9:30. So I continued to Rosendale, and returned to the dollar store later on, to successfully purchase 2 large hoops and 1 small.

Once I arrived, Pat and I ran some errands, including a trip to True Value to get supplies for pouring concrete. We found some flimsy plastic buckets that were the perfect size (and price!). I mixed up our 2 bags of concrete and poured them into the buckets, putting a piece of wood in each one. These are going to be used as the bases for the sculptures for the Rail Trail. They are translucent, which is nice because you can see the concrete texture. It seems like an appropriate aesthetic, considering that we are trying to showcase the history of Rosendale cement.

Meanwhile, Pat has been working on costumes for herself and me to wear to the Gala. I am very curious to see what she comes up with. The hula hoops are for the skirt of her gown. It should be quite the spectacle!

No comments:

Post a Comment